Thursday, August 5, 2010

scott pilgrim vs the world review!

Well I'm not a jaded and depressed professional.. I just call it as I see it.
I went to a screening last night and I have to say it was awesome! The crowd loved it, everyone was laughing their ass off.  I had no idea it was a comic book series until today, and I'm glad I didn't come in with fan eyes. Michael Cera is great, himself but not too much himself, and Kieran Culkin was just great. I wish I could see him in more stuff.

References galore from a geek like me that were specially entertaining was the "bass (boss) battle" which had the Final Fantasy 2 fight song, and the Flash Gordon ring sound.

Directing was fast and unrelenting, just like Hot Fuzz, and it was shot in a sorta 70s grain intermixed with amazing effects.  He used every kind of angle and cut imaginable, and I loved it. Even the music was awesome, some nice dirty garage rock and of course go Metric.

Also, I think even a non-gamer (or at least one who can understand the fundementals) should enjoy it too. They give enough of a crossover feel that reminds me of Zombieland. So bring your counterparts! I plan on picking it up on Blu-ray for sure, I need to see it again without that damn light shining on the screen to prevent pirating.

Get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment